LAPS FOR LEARNING IS COMING!
2017 5K RUN/WALK
Save the date and get ready to raise money in support of Olde Creek Elementary!
Saturday, September 23, 2017
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS AUGUST 28, 2017
THAT MEANS THAT THE STUDENTS OF OLDE CREEK ELEMENTARY
TO RAISE $15,000
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
2017 Schoolwide Laps Fundraising Goal: $15,000
- Laps for Learning is Olde Creek’s main fundraiser, but unlike some other school fundraisers, the students are active participants in raising money to support their school.
- This cannot be emphasized enough: Laps for Learning is not a competitive or timed event. Students of all abilities are cheered on by parents, teachers and administrators!
- Students do not need to finish all five laps of the course. Finishing a lap or two is a great warm up for mid-morning sports games!
- Strollers, siblings, grandparents, friends—everyone is welcome!
- Most participants are finished by 9am.
SMALL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!
If you, a family member or a friend own a small business and would like to donate $250 or more towards this great cause, please contact Monica Tucker at Laps4learning@gmail.com. We will put the company logo on the Laps for Learning t-shirt!
Forms: Laps for Learning forms will be sent home with students starting on the first day of school. In addition, you can find the forms on this website—just click on the “Forms” link in the upper left corner.
Register! Online Registration is closed!
Get Sponsors! Friends, family, neighbors, companies!! A Pledge Log is provided for your convenience to track your sponsors. You do not need to turn in this form. Pledges can be one flat fee or per kilometer. Ask your sponsors if their companies have matching gift fund policies!
Sign Up To Volunteer! Volunteers are essential to make this event happen! The Volunteer Form provides information about the different volunteer opportunities. In addition, you can sign up at SignUpGenius using this link https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/70A044EA8AD2CA20-20162017
Incentives!! Participants will receive different prizes for their participation!!
- All participants will receive a prize at the 5K.
- Everyone collecting $30 or more will receive a Laps t-shirt in October or November.
- The classroom with the highest number of participants and the highest average amount of funds raised will earn an ice cream party.
- If the school reaches its goal of $15,000, students will have a pajama day with a movie and popcorn in the gym!
Last year, 250 students participated in Laps, raising over $17,000!!
Questions? Please contact the Lap committee at Laps4learning@gmail.com
Denise Albert (Coordinator)
Dianne Stansbery (Communications)
Katie Clinton (Registration)
Ashley Brabble (Volunteers)
Monica Tucker (Sponsorships)
Laps for Learning Course: One Lap = 1 Km