LAPS FOR LEARNING
2019 5K RUN/WALK
Olde Creek’s Biggest Fundraiser!
Saturday, September 21, 2019
7:30 a.m. Arrival Time
8:00 a.m. Start Time
2019 Schoolwide Fundraising Goal: $15,000
Laps for Learning is a fun event that raises money for classroom resources, student experiences, fund technology purchases for our classrooms, and field trips. The course is a closed course (the streets involved are closed to traffic) that goes around the block in front of the school 5 times. The 5K route is lined with parent volunteers to cheer and encourage students. Participants do not need to complete all 5 laps. Students are lined up by grade with the start of the 5k staggered so older (bigger) students start first. This event is open to everyone – not just OCES students!
Laps for Learning forms were sent home with students on the first day of school. The forms are also available above.
2. Get Sponsors. Ask friends and family to be a sponsor! They can donate a flat amount or an amount per lap. Online Pledges are available, but the PTA prefers cash/check pledges in order to forgo processing fees. Money raised is collected after the 5k. Please do not bring the money raised to the Laps for Learning event. Checks should be made payable to OCES PTA.
3. Sign Up to Volunteer. Volunteers are essential to make this event happen!
- Participants who raise at least $30 get a t-shirt in October or November
- Raffle prizes for participants who raise more than $100:
- Raffle prizes for participants who raise more than $250:
- The classroom with the highest number of participants and the highest average amount of funds raised will earn an ice cream party.
- If the school reaches its goal of $15,000, students will have a pajama day with a movie in the gym!
Small Business Opportunity
If you, a family member or a friend own a small business and would like to donate $250 or more towards this great cause, please email Laps4learning@gmail.com. We will put the company logo on the Laps for Learning t-shirt!
This Year’s Event Sponsors
Laps for Learning Course: One Lap = 1 Km