LAPS FOR LEARNING
2018 5K RUN/WALK
Olde Creek’s Biggest Fundraiser!
Saturday, September 22, 2018
7:30 a.m. Arrival Time
8:00 a.m. Start Time
2018 Schoolwide Fundraising Goal: $15,000
Laps for Learning is a fun event that raises money for classroom resources, student experiences, and field trips. The course is a closed course (the streets involved are closed to traffic) that goes around the block in front of the school 5 times. Participants do not need to complete all 5 laps. This event is open to everyone – not just OCES students!
Laps for Learning forms will be sent home with students starting on the first day of school. The forms are also available above.
2. Get Sponsors. The Pledge Log is provided for your convenience to track your sponsors. You do not need to turn in this form. Pledges can be one flat fee or per kilometer. Ask your sponsors if their companies have matching gift fund policies! Online Pledges are available, but the PTA prefers cash/check pledges in order to forgo processing fees.
3. Sign Up to Volunteer. Volunteers are essential to make this event happen! The Volunteer Form provides information about the different volunteer opportunities. You can sign up at SignUpGenius using this link: [insert link]
- Participants who raise at least $30 get a t-shirt in October or November
- Raffle prizes for participants who raise more than $100:
- Flight Trampoline Park: Free Open Jump
- Cinema Arts: Free Movie Tickets
- Woody’s Ice Cream: Free Ice Cream Cone
- Raffle prizes for participants who raise more than $250:
- Great Country Farms: “Bluemont Experience Package” includes a season pass to Great Country Farms, and tasting experiences at Bluemont Vineyard, and Dirt Farm Brewery
- Bowl America – Bowling Party for 6 includes 2 free games per person, shoes and two pitchers (non-alcoholic)
- The classroom with the highest number of participants and the highest average amount of funds raised will earn an ice cream party.
- If the school reaches its goal of $15,000, students will have a pajama day with a movie and popcorn in the gym!
Small Business Opportunity
If you, a family member or a friend own a small business and would like to donate $250 or more towards this great cause, please contact Monica Tucker at Laps4learning@gmail.com. We will put the company logo on the Laps for Learning t-shirt!
This Year’s Event Sponsors
Questions? Please contact the Lap committee at: Laps4learning@gmail.com
- Denise Albert (Coordinator)
- Dianne Stansbery (Communications)
- Katie Clinton (Registration)
- Ashley Brabble (Volunteers)
- Monica Tucker (Sponsorships)
Laps for Learning Course: One Lap = 1 Km