New for the 2018-2019 School Year: After School Clubs Offered at Olde Creek through Flex Academies
- See the flyer for more information about the 8 new clubs
- Registration opens August 30th for the Fall session
- More about Flex Academies
The OC Art Club is open to 4th-6th graders who are interested in art and exploring their creativity in a less formal environment that art class. Students will have opportunities to work independently on unstructured projects and collaboratively on scenery for the Drama Club production as well as other art projects for the school.
The purpose of the Drama Club is to provide Olde Creek Elementary Students in Grades 4, 5 and 6 the opportunity to learn about and participate in drama activities. The students will work together to put on a spring production. Drama helps build self-esteem and is a wonderful way for students to express creativity in a group setting. The club meets Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 PM in the cafeteria. More information will be made available in late September/early October.
Games and Puzzles Club
An eight-week club dedicated to no screens! Students can play board games and work on puzzles. Open to grades 1 to 6. Due to space limitations, the Club will be capped at 50 students. The Club will be held every Thursday from March 7th to April 25th. More information will be made available in February.
- Yahtzee, Chess, Risk, Connect 4, Sorry, UNO, Apples to Apples, Jigsaw Puzzles, and much more!
Jump Rope Club
Participants do not need to meet a minimum skill requirement. A desire to learn and the ability to work independently and cooperatively in small and large groups is all that is necessary. Participants will need to buy a team T-shirt (if they don’t already have one), make a commitment to attend practices regularly, and be available for 3-4 evening performances in January/February. More information will be made available in September.
- 1st and 2nd graders meet on Wednesdays after school from 2:50 to 3:50 pm
- 3rd to 6th graders meet on Thursdays after school from 2:50 to 3:50 pm
Sign up for a class at the OC Makerspace! Makerspace is a place where collaborative inquiry is encouraged through problem-solving actives that require students to: think, create, share and grow. All classes take place in the OC library. More information will be made available in the Fall and Spring through a Makerspace Registration form in Friday Folders.
- Perler Activity Beads: Grades 1 to 3
- Ozobot Exploration: Grades 2 to 3 and 4 to 6
- Problem Solving with Structures: Grades 1 to 3
- Problem Solving Towers: Grades 4 to 6