Become an Olde Creek PTA Volunteer Today!
Given the uncertainty of the upcoming school year, we are creating a pool of volunteers as opposed to asking parents to sign-up to help with specific events and tasks. Please fill out the volunteer form if you are interested in volunteering. When there is need for volunteers, then you will receive an email with details about what is needed.
Olde Creek Elementary School is fortunate to enjoy a very active parent community. Below are some of the many ways you can be involved in your child(ren)’s school. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, please contact the PTA Board: email@example.com
Thank you for considering ways in which you can be involved in your child’s school!
One Time Commitment (Fall)
- Laps for Learning: Assist the committee with set-up, event day activities, route safety, communications, and food donations.
- Halloween Howl: Assist the committee with managing various activities including food & ticket sales, security, and decorations.
- Room Parent Coordinator: Assist in the coordination and orientation of room parents for each classroom.
- Picture Day Helpers: Assist with student supervision and help students look their best for their school pictures.
- Thanksgiving Lunch: Assist cafeteria staff during this November event by helping serve lunch, assist with ticket sales before and on day of the luncheon.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: Assist with coordinating the fall luncheon for our teachers and staff on one of the November Teacher Work Days.
One Time Commitment (Winter)
- BINGO Night: Assist with communications, set-up, serve refreshments, and help run BINGO games.
- Movie Night: Assist with communications, set-up/clean-up, and food/refreshments.
One Time Commitment (Spring)
- Family Heritage Night: Assist with communications, coordination of entertainment, activities, food, and set-up/clean-up.
- Games & Puzzles Club: Work with coordinator to run activities in the cafeteria.
- Art Walk: Help mat/mount art work, coordinate refreshments and set-up for this spring event that displays art pieces of every child throughout the school. The Strings/Band Concert is also held in conjunction with this evening.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Work with the coordinator for the annual teacher/staff luncheon and other expressions of appreciation during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Sock Hop: Assist with communications, games, prizes, set-up/clean-up, and admission tickets.
- School Supply Order: Coordinate the upcoming school year’s school supply order. Serve as the liaison between the PTA/school and the external school supply vendor.
- Picture Day Helpers: Assist with student supervision and help ensure students look their best as they have their school and class pictures taken.
- Room Parents: facilitates communication between parents and the teacher, shares PTA event-related information with the parents, and supports the teacher in needs that may arise such as assistance with class parties. More than one parent per class is preferred.
- Box Tops 4 Education: Assist in the collecting, tallying and submitting of Box Tops which are turned in via students as part of a national school rewards program.
- Clinic Aid: Assist the school’s Clinic Aide during school hours. Job is coordinated by school’s Clinic Aide and requires a one-time, three-hour orientation provided by FCPS.
- Library Aid: Assist in the library during school hours or for special events such as Book Fairs. Schedule is to be determined by your availability and the Librarian’s needs. Weekly, monthly or twice a year is possible.
- Weekly Folders: Assist in the front office by copying fliers and other communications to be sent home with students each week. Copies are made and distributed to teachers each Thursday. This is as your schedule supports.
- Lobby Display Case: Help with decorating OCES lobby display case throughout the year to highlight various themes and upcoming events.
- Reading Buddies: Spend time reading with a student on a regular basis. Buddies are also provided with guidance on to how to read with the student based on that student’s needs.
- Yearbook: Work with the Yearbook Coordinator by assisting with the student cover contest, layout and contents of the annual yearbook. When needed, serve as a liaison between the school and the external yearbook publisher.
- Classroom Volunteer: Help with a variety of class projects and provide educational support, such as assisting the teacher with classroom activities, making posters and displays, working on signboards and bulletin boards, photo copying, etc.
- Family Dinner Nights: Assist coordinator with contacting local restaurants to set up monthly family dinner nights. This is a fundraising opportunity for the PTA in which a portion of all proceeds are returned to the PTA .