Become an Olde Creek PTA Volunteer Today!
Olde Creek Elementary School is fortunate to enjoy a very active parent community. Below are some of the many ways you can be involved in your child(ren)’s school. If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information, please contact the PTA Board: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering ways in which you can be involved in your child’s school!
One Time Commitment (Fall)
- Laps for Learning: Assist the committee with set-up, event day activities, route safety, communications, and food donations.
- Halloween Howl: Assist the committee with managing various activities including food sales, ticket sales, security, and decorations.
- Room Parent Coordinator: Assist in the coordination and orientation of room parents for each classroom.
- Picture Day Helpers: Assist with student supervision and help students look their best for their school pictures.
- Thanksgiving Lunch: Assist the cafeteria hostess during this November event by helping serve lunch, assist with ticket sales before and on the day of the luncheon.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: Assist with coordinating the fall luncheon for our teachers and staff on one of the November Teacher Work Days.
One Time Commitment (Winter)
- BINGO/Family Night: Assist with communications, set-up, serve refreshments, and help run BINGO games.
- Movie Night: Assist with communications, set-up/clean-up, and food/refreshments.
One Time Commitment (Spring)
- International Night: Celebrate the various cultures within our school community. Assist with communications, coordination of entertainment, activities, food, and set-up/clean-up.
- An Evening of Fine Arts (ArtWalk): Help mat/mount art work, coordinate refreshments and set-up for this spring event that displays art pieces of every child throughout the school. The Strings Concert is also held in conjunction with this evening.
- Teacher Appreciation Week Helpers: Work with the Chair to help coordinate annual teacher/staff luncheon and other expressions of appreciation for our teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Sock Hop: Help plan and execute our Annual OCES Sock Hop PTA fundraiser. Assist with communications, games, prizes, set-up/clean-up, and admission tickets.
- School Supply Order: Coordinate the upcoming school year’s school supply order. Serve as the liaison between the PTA/school and the external school supply vendor.
- Picture Day Helpers: Assist with student supervision and help ensure students look their best as they have their school and class pictures taken.
- Box Tops 4 Education: Assist in the collecting, tallying and submitting of Box Tops which are turned in via students as part of a national school rewards program. Possibly run a classroom competition with an ice cream social or other reward for the winning classroom.
- Clinic Aid: Assist the school’s Clinic Aide during school hours. This job is coordinated by our school’s Clinic Aide and requires a one-time, three-hour orientation provided by FCPS.
- Library Aid: Assist in the library during school hours or for special events such as Book Fairs. This schedule is to be determined by your availability and the Librarian’s needs. Weekly, monthly or twice a year is possible.
- Weekly Folders: Assist in the front office by copying fliers and other communications to be sent home with students each week. Copies are made and distributed to teachers each Thursday. This is a weekly (or-bi-weekly if two or more people sign-up) commitment.
- Bulletin Board: Help with decoration of the OCES lobby bulletin board throughout the year to highlight various themes and upcoming events.
- Clerical (front office) Aid: Assist the front office staff during school hours as needed.
- Reading Buddies: Spend time reading with a student on a regular basis. The commitment is 15 minutes per day per reader, which can be shared with other volunteers. Buddies are also provided with guidance on to how to read with the student based on that student’s needs.
- Yearbook: Work with the Yearbook Coordinator by assisting with the student cover contest, layout and contents of the annual yearbook. When needed, serve as a liaison between the school and the external yearbook publisher.
- Classroom Volunteer: Help with a variety of class projects and provide educational support, such as assisting the teacher with classroom activities, making posters and displays, working on signboards and bulletin boards, photo copying, etc. This is often a weekly commitment. In-classroom volunteers work with students are required to participate in a one-time, on-line training session provided by the PTA.
- Family Dinner Nights: Work with local restaurants to coordinate monthly family dinner nights. This is a fundraising opportunity for the PTA in which a portion of all proceeds are returned to the PTA.